Who we are
Our website address is: http://chat2learn-learning.eu/
What is Collected
We collect the data that you provide when creating an account, such as username and email.
How is this information used
This information is only used for research purposes. By using our Chat2learn platform, you consent to the sharing of your email address for research purposes as described (View also: Section “Who we share your data”).
If you upload profile images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Who we share your data with
Your email address may only be used for research purposes of the Erasmus + CHAT2LEARN project (Agreement Number: 2020-1-CY01-KA204-065974 ), by the project consortium partners (UCY, Lidi, DomSpain, NIKANOR, ASSET).
How long we retain your data
Your personal data is stored as long as your account is active on this site.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
By accepting this Data Protection Policy, the User acknowledges that they are familiar with the rights granted to them by the European legislation and particularly by the General Data Protection Regulation along with the respective applicable national legislation, including but not only:
- The right to request an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. All registered users can do that while logged in by clicking on their Account > Settings > My Account > Privacy.
- Their right of access to their personal data is processed as well as the right to edit their personal data at any time.
- The right to request deletion/erasure, correction, or blocking of their personal data, the processing of which does not meet the requirements of the applicable legislation; This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Also, all registered users have the right to delete their accounts or their personal data (except username) anytime.
- The right to request restriction of processing his/ her personal data processed by the Consortium; This means that the personal data in question will exist in the system but will not be subject to any processing.
- The right to object against the processing of his/ her personal data at any time; Meaning that they have the right to withdraw their consent and delete optional data in the User profile.